Alton College was built in 1978, making it the first purpose built 6th form college in the UK. Expansion of the college since the new century began has helped Alton College maintain its leading position. The college has achieved beacon status for educational excellence and Ofsted has twice judged all five areas of inspection to be Outstanding Grade 1.
In 2008, Ronadeck Resin Bound Surfacing and Ronadeck Tree Pits systems were chosen to complement the architecture of the Berkoff Performing Arts Centre, designed like several of the newer buildings by Macallan Penfold Architects. At the time, Ronadeck Resin Bound Surfacing was described as a “welcome relief from drab tarmac which does nothing to elevate the minds of those entering the college”. 300m2 of Ronadeck Resin Bound Surfacing was laid, helping to keep the minds of the college students on higher things for years to come.
Ronadeck Resin Bound Surfacing is a UV stable resin bound aggregate surfacing, functional and highly decorative.
• Attractive natural aggregate appearance
• Highly porous allowing water to drain (SuDS compliant)
• UV stable resin
• Recycled aggregates available
• Complies with the DIN 51130 slip resistance test (suitable for swimming pool surrounds)
Ronadeck Tree Pit System is a resin bound aggregate surfacing for tree pits.
• Highly permeable semi-flexible system for planting in hard landscaped areas
• SuDS compliant
• UV stable resin for durability and continued aggregate visibility
• Easier to keep litter free than grates
• More cost effective than grates